Predictably , the distraction and cover up efforts of the missing flight 370 plane continue to take new and ludicrous forms. Just yesterday the New York Times has announced the black box “may not be found” because the time elapsed nearly matches the battery’s life span (how convenient), and today the news broke out that the search area has suddenly shifted based on “new credible lead” (apparently that “ping analysis” from Inmarsat wasn’t as reliable as claimed earlier). All those sudden twists to the plot and daily announcements on new “possible debris located” anywhere between India and Antarctica prove that more then one government is hellbent on never finding that plane, and stalling the searches all the way to the point that even if some wreckage is found somewhere,it will become useless to the investigation by the time they find it.
PERTH, Australia – The search zone for the Malaysia airliner that crashed in the Indian Ocean nearly three weeks ago has shifted 680 miles to the northeast of where planes and ships had been looking for possible debris because of a “new credible lead,” Australia said Friday.
The revised search area comes as the weather cleared enough Friday to allow planes to hunt for fresh clues to the fate of the plane carrying 239 people that went missing March 8.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority said the change comes from updated new information based on continuing analysis of radar data between the South China Sea and the Strait of Malacca before radar contact was lost with the Boeing 777.
It said the analysis indicated the aircraft was traveling faster than previously estimated, resulting in increased fuel use and reducing the possible distance the aircraft could have flown into the Indian Ocean.
The new area is 123,000 square miles and about 1,250 miles west of Perth, the launching area for the search. The pervious search area was more southwest and about 1,550 miles from Perth.
“This is a credible new lead and will be thoroughly investigated today,” Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Friday.
“This is an extraordinarily difficult search, and an agonizing wait for family and friends of the passengers and crew,” he said. “We owe it to them to follow every credible lead and to keep the public informed of significant new developments. That is what we are doing.”
- Case NOT Closed: Flight 370 cover up begins
- Flight 370 Fallout: UK uses “satellite data” scam to drive wedge between China and Malaysia